Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

new palette








these are the studies I did with the new palette, basically I got rid of all the neutral colors, include yellow ocher, actually I was forced by Ted to do so, because i like neutral so much. after i changed palette, it took me some time to get used to the new colors, or maybe not new, just more limited options. I started really like this limited palette, when you are mixing color, especially skin tone, it make you to think more. and it truly brightened the whole image, fresher, and more contrast. next semester I will add some neutral color back, but really be careful when mixing them.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Gillian taught me to use limited palette as well. Primary colours + titanium white. It definitely makes you mix and apply colours more strategically. Hope fourth year is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fourth year, busy and exhausted all the time, but didnt really accomplish anything. hows your third year going?

      Delete